- Introduce yourself; treat the conversation like a phone call.
- Respond through the CarCode portal (rather than your phone directly) to ensure quality control and reporting capabilities.
- Acknowledge the customer’s need or request.
- Be brief.
- Be professional.
- Respect the customer’s choice of communication- if they text you, respond with a text.
- Don’t call without permission.
- Use your best judgement. Don’t bombard the customer with too many messages.
- Aim to respond in less than a minute.
- Use CarCode with a small group of salespeople to see how it fits into your current process.
- Set the lead distribution as “first available” to increase the likelihood that the customer will receive an immediate response.
- Ensure that your sales staff can respond to texts from their phone and desktop.
- Attend one of our webinars. Go to http://www.edmunds.com/dealers/training for the complete schedule.
- Enhance your CarCode account by adding shortcut links that allow you to easily send customers information with one single click.
- Need help? Give us a call at 855-Edmunds or contact email@example.com.